For more information about available incentives, please contact:
Tampa’s cost-friendly business environment and favorable tax climate, coupled with workforce training grants and other resources helps lower the barriers to market entry and mitigate the cost of relocation and expansion.
At the state and local level there are incentives that help lower the costs of relocation and expansion: Workforce Training Incentives, Infrastructure Incentives, and Special Opportunity Incentives.
Quick Response Training Program (QRT): Reimbursable training expenses for instructor wages, curriculum development and materials for new value-added businesses or provide existing Florida businesses the necessary training for expansion.
Target Area Programs, including Opportunity Zones, New Markets Tax Credits, and Community Redevelopment Areas.
The Tax Advantage
The state and local tax climate is perhaps a more compelling reason to invest in the region, which is why Chief Executive Magazine consistently ranks Florida as a top state for business.
Businesses in Florida enjoy:
- NO corporate income tax on limited partnerships
- NO corporate income tax on subchapter S-corporations
- NO corporate franchise tax on capital stock
- NO state-level property tax assessed
- NO personal income tax
- NO sales tax on manufacturing machinery and equipment
- NO sales and use tax on goods manufactured or produced in Florida for export outside the state
- NO property tax on business inventories
- NO property tax on goods-in-transit for up to 180 days
- NO sales/use tax on co-generation of electricity
Our business development team can walk through the different incentives and programs available as well as the qualifying criteria and the approval process with you.
Florida – 2nd Best State for Business
CHIEF EXECUTIVE MAGAZINE, 2020