For more information about the local distribution & logistics industry, please contact:
DISTRIBUTION & LOGISTICS
Due to an extensive interstate network, there are more than 34 million consumers within an eight-hour drive of Tampa and Hillsborough County. Our world-class airport, deep-water sea port, convenient access to a network of rail and interstate highway systems, and a thriving manufacturing industry makes Tampa a prime location for distribution and logistics centers.
Florida recently topped more than 21.3 million residents so the need for trucks to travel in and out of the state to deliver a variety of goods remains high. Intensifying that need is the fact that Florida leads the nation in net migration. More U.S. residents are moving to Florida than any other state – 150 people are moving to Tampa each day alone! So, the need to deliver goods efficiently and quickly will only continue to grow.
Meeting the growing demand of the distribution and logistics industry is developer Keating Resources, which broke ground on a 179,080-square-foot distribution center just east of Downtown Tampa in late 2018. It’s the first new distribution center built in Tampa’s urban core in over 20 years. With Tampa’s population growing so fast Keating expects the center will be fully leased by the time construction is complete at the end of 2019.
- 34 million consumers within an 8-hour drive of Tampa and Hillsborough County
- Nearly 5 million people living along the I-4 corridor
- Top-rated airport with 250 daily flights
- $160+ million worth of goods flow through Florida’s ports and airports each year
- Local manufacturing industry boasts more than 2,800 companies
- Tampa’s leading distribution companies: Amazon, Gordon Food Services, BlueGrace Logistics, Integrity Express Logistics, Star Distribution Systems
Third party logistics providers are also experiencing growth in the area. For example, BlueGrace Logistics, a custom solutions provider for companies shipping goods throughout the U.S., is growing at hyper speed and the company credits Tampa’s high-quality lifestyle for attracting the talent they need to support their continued growth.
“More than ever, top talent from across the U.S. wants to make Tampa their home. This partnership helps make that a reality. We couldn’t be more excited to further our investment in expanding in this market.”
– Bobby Harris, CEO of BlueGrace Logistics.