GROW YOUR BUSINESS HERE
“Tampa is a pretty good place to head a company. It’s a place where people want to go and live. The tax and business environment in Florida are very positive. The cost of living is extremely reasonable. We require an educated and motivated workforce, and that’s available and affordable here.”
– Andrew Messick, CEO of IRONMAN, which chose Tampa for its corporate headquarters in 2017.
Tampa has earned a national reputation for its stable, pro-business environment. When it comes to establishing and growing your business, Tampa checks all the boxes:
✓ Favorable corporate tax policies
✓ Low labor costs
✓ No personal income tax
✓ Light regulatory burdens
✓ Thriving industry
✓ Home to dozens of top corporations
✓ Globally connected via a top-rated airport, the state’s largest seaport, and highly-connected interstate and rail systems
✓ Excellent local labor force
And whether you’re a startup entrepreneur or CEO of a multimillion-dollar enterprise, Tampa has the business resources you need to thrive: incubators and accelerators, capital providers, chambers of commerce and industry associations.
- Ranked #1 among Best Cities for Women to Start a Business – Business.org, 2018
- #2 Best State for Business – Chief Executive Magazine, 2018 & 2019
- #2 Best City for Young Entrepreneurs
- Florida has the 4th lowest tax burden – WalletHub, 2019
- Tampa among top 5 in the Southeast for venture capital – eMerge Americas, The Knight Foundation, FIU, 2019
- #7 Best City for Hispanic Entrepreneurs – Wallet Hub, 2019
- #5 Best Large Cities to Start a Business – Wallet Hub, 2019
- Tampa’s population is increasing by 50,000 people per year
- Join other top companies that are thriving in Tampa: The Mosaic Company, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Citi, Metlife, USAA, Amazon, Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation, IRONMAN, Johnson & Johnson, ReliaQuest, and many more!
If your company is expanding or you’re thinking about relocating to Tampa, contact our business development team. We can connect you with the business tools and resources you need to thrive: expedited permitting, workforce training, real estate searches, export assistance, job creation incentive programs, market research, etc.
2019’s Best Large Cities to Start a Business (Tampa #5)