It’s no wonder Tampa was named the Most Livable City in America. No matter your lifestyle, tastes or hobbies, the Tampa area has something for everyone.
Whether you prefer the high energy of city life or quiet suburban neighborhoods, Tampa has diverse housing options and neighborhoods each with their own unique vibe. Home prices and rents are more affordable here, and with no state income tax, you’ll have more money in your pocket to do the things you enjoy.
Speaking of enjoyment, Tampa Bay has a quality of life that can’t be beat. We have at it all: professional sports teams, live music, vibrant arts and culture, world-class restaurants, dozens of craft breweries, and outdoor activities that you can enjoy all year long.
- According to the U.S. Census, Florida had the highest level of domestic net migration in the 2017
- #1 market for first-time homebuyers – Zillow.com, 2018 & 2019
- #1 city Americans are moving to now – Realtor.com
- #1 unexpectedly cool coffee city – Livability.com, 2019
- Lowest cost of living compared to other major markets
- Tampa Riverwalk voted one of America’s Great Places
- Home to the world’s longest continuous sidewalk, Bayshore Boulevard, which offers the perfect waterfront setting for your daily jog or bike ride
- One of the most hipster cities in the country – Business Insider and Move Hub, 2018
- Ranked #9 best city for a staycation – WalletHub, 2019
- Ranked among the most pet-friendly cities – WalletHub, 2018
- More than 20 dog parks in Hillsborough County and City of Tampa
- Top 25 city where millennials are moving – Time
- 83 degrees – the average annual temperature
- 60+ craft breweries in the Tampa region
- 3 food halls within 2 miles of each other
Most Livable City in America
UNITED STATES CONFERENCE OF MAYORS, 2018