For more information about talent attraction, or to share your personal story, please contact:
Digital Marketing Manager
Access to talent consistently ranks at the top for why companies choose to relocate or expand to Tampa. That availability of talent, coupled with the ease of recruiting top talent to Tampa is why local companies continue to grow once they’re established here.
Tampa is the population center of an eight-county region with a labor force of 1.97 million. And we’re growing every day – by nearly 150 people, according to a recent Bloomberg report. Residents are fleeing major metro areas like Chicago, New York and Los Angeles for Sun Belt cities like Tampa, and they’re bringing their talents and expertise with them.
- Nearly 80 local colleges and higher education institutions are preparing graduates with the skills our local job market demands
- 75% of the graduates at local post-secondary institutions end up staying in Florida – a majority within the Tampa Bay region.
- #1 Best state for higher education – U.S. News & World Report, 2020
- Florida ranks among top 10 states for IT job postings – CompTIA, 2021
- Florida #1 state (Tampa #11 city) for remote jobs – MoneyPenny, 2020
- Tampa ranks #3 for workforce confidence – LinkedIn, 2020
- One of the best places to work in tech – SmartAsset, 2020
- Hillsborough County ranks #4 by employment growth – U.S. Census
- More than 100,000 veterans live and work in the Tampa Bay market, offering employees a pool of uniquely trained personnel
- With a median age of 38, we are young, talented, and educated
- Millennials are the second largest labor base in Florida
“We were looking for an exceptional pool of talent, a meaningful cultural fit and a global outlook that will work well with our business needs — Tampa ticked all those boxes. Talent is the biggest asset to any global professional services firm and we intend our Tampa Center to be a great place to work for the best and brightest in the area.”
– Jamie Lawless, Executive Director of global law firm Baker McKenzie’s Tampa center
MAKE IT TAMPA BAY
Attracting and retaining top talent is a key priority for the Tampa Bay Economic Development Council, which is why we partnered with Hillsborough County and Visit Tampa Bay to launch the Make It Tampa Bay talent attraction campaign in 2017. Each year, the campaign continues to expand and evolve, becoming a valuable talent recruitment and retention tool for local companies, colleges and universities.
One of the Best Places to Live in the U.S.
U.S. NEWS & WORLD REPORT, 2020